Monday, October 19, 2009

Leave And Travel

With 2.5 months to go before 2010, I daresay that I've more or less wrapped up my travel plans for the year.

There's a mini weekend getaway to Genting, as well as a quarterly trip (extended) to Bangkok, though I have a little issue of having another 4 days to clear. The initial plan was to go London (that fell through for reasons I loathe to mention), plan B was to go Auckland for another round of filming but now I have to cast it aside as I've booked myself to Genting during filming period, and plan C... I'm just stuck there for the time being. Got a friend who wants to go but can't confirm.

When I started working, and didn't have much money, I yearned for more moolah in my bank account. I did foolish things like selling my much coveted leave back to the company for more pay (at junior level compensation too). In retrospect, that was silly.

Now that I've worked for a few years, and have a healthy bank balance, the thing I yearn for most is leave. Those precious days where you can basically do anything you want. I'll be the first to admit that I have travelled quite a bit this year, but hey, since when is travelling enough?

The last thing I want is to spend the 4 days rotting in Singapore, but then again, where can I go, or rather, where should I go? I'm perfectly comfortable going to a foreign land by myself, so I'm wondering if I should go ahead with the booking and wait for my friend to just join me if schedule permits.

I've travelled for many purposes - sightseeing, relaxation, business trips, LM filming, quarterlies, so I'm trying to find something new. And this new thing could be - travelling for sporting events.

I'm an avid football fan and tennis fan as well so the idea definitely appeals to me. Travel to a different part of the world to catch a sporting event. Kinda like my trip to Europe this year where I caught the Roland Garros (French Open tennis) Men's final. That was spontaneous and wasn't planned and cost me a mini bomb. 300 Euros for the ticket.

And talking about cost considerations, going for sporting events isn't cheap. Just the thought of ticket prices is enough to scare most people. It's difficult as it is to find a fellow enthusiast, but it's even more freaking difficult to find someone who is willing to pay such prices.

Shall I shelf the plans?

No comments: